Each year there is a theme that is kept a secret until the very end. This year, the theme was Toy Story! The whole campus was decorated with huge canvas murals depicting scenes from the movies. One of them painted to resemble Andy's bedroom in the movie and it was so big and so real looking you really felt like you were in Andy's room! There was a lifesize toy chest, lifesize slinky dog, Al's Toy Barn, an arcade exactly like the one in the movie, and so much more. The boy's bathroom was decorated like Sid's room, and the girls like a Barbie house. Words can't even describe the amount of planning that goes into this and how spectacular the school looks. It was dark when I was there setting up, and I forgot my camera, so unfortunately I wasn't able to get any good pictures.
[caption id="attachment_129" align="aligncenter" width="346" caption="My poor quality cell phone shot of one of the murals on campus"]
[/caption]I am glad I had the opportunity to go back and help out, although it was so strange being back at the school - it felt like yesterday that I was in high school. I can't believe I graduated SIX years ago! Time FLIES!
On Saturday my mom and I spent the day together shopping for new bedroom furniture. I decided it was time to update the furniture I have in there now and start maximizing use of the space in the room. I ended up buying a dresser, book shelf, and nightstand at IKEA. I can't wait to put it all together! I didn't even think to take a "before" picture of my room, but I will be sure to post an "after" picture once the room is complete. In the meantime, here it is in its current state:
I am trying to downsize and get rid of all the CRAP I have accumulated over the years. One of my goals is to start being more conscious of everything I buy, and what my needs are versus my wants.
That's all for now...hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that your Monday is off to a great start!

No comments:
Post a Comment