Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fearless

When I was six years old, there was nothing more exciting to me than losing a tooth.  I loved everything about it - that first discovery of the loose tooth, wiggling it a little bit more each day until eventually it was loose enough to start pulling, and finally putting it under my pillow and laying in bed anxiously awaiting the tooth fairy's surprise.   My first few teeth were pulled using my Grandpa V's "magic cloth" which was really just a tissue but naturally, it was magical because he was the one who taught it to me.

At some point, my dad taught me the "tie one end of a piece of floss to your tooth and the other end to the front door and then slam the door" method of losing teeth, and being the brave (CRAZY) little kid that I was, I tried it.  Looking back I can't believe I actually did it but sure enough I did, and here are the pictures to prove it!  I remember that day like it was yesterday - all the neighborhood kids came over and watched. It was quite the event!







1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are FABULOUS!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete