Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Help the Birds!

Living clear across the country, I feel so far removed from the Gulf Coast oil spill that occurred in April.   I have been trying to wrap my head around the magnitude of the disaster, and the more articles I read and pictures I look at, the more amazed I am at the sheer devastation in the Gulf Coast.  In addition to the obvious environmental and economic burdens brought about by the spill, I personally have been especially affected by looking at pictures of the animals whose habitats have been destroyed by the oil.




I found this website today where you can donate to the International Bird Research Rescue Center--all of the proceeds go to the rescue efforts of birds sick and injured from the oil.  I know money is tight for everyone but even $10 will benefit these helpless little birdies.  Spread the word!

all images from here

No comments:

Post a Comment