Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Memories

Lately it has started to "hit me" that my days of summer vacation are long gone.  Don't get me wrong, I am happy to be employed but I would be lying if I said I would rather be at work than outside playing in the summertime sun.  Each morning it's been a constant battle with my alarm clock...all I really want to do is sleep a little longer before waking up to the warm sunlight that pours through my window.  Thinking about all the activities I would rather be doing than sitting in my window-less cubicle all day has elicited fond memories of my childhood summers.  In an attempt to "re-live" those days, I came up with some of my favorite memories (in no particular order), and some pictures to go along :) Enjoy!

  • going to Diamond Lake in Oregon with my family

  • traveling all over the state to play in weekend-long softball tournaments

  • swimming on the Stingrays swimteam

  • trips to Kansas & Nebraska to visit my mom's side of the family

  • catching fireflies with my cousins

  • birthday parties

  • jumping on our backyard trampoline

  • swimming in my Grandma's pool

  • bike rides to Thrifty for $.49 ice cream

  • 4th of July - my favorite holiday!

  • staying up "late" to play hide & go seek  in our court with all the neighborhood kids


[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Diamond Lake, OR"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Jumping off the dock at Diamond Lake "][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="One of the many Stingray swim meets"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Going down a waterslide in Wichita, Kansas. What was I thinking?!?! I was a lot braver back then!"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Hanging out with my sister at our Grandma's pool"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Cliff-jumping in Kauai....so much fun!!"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Play Ball!"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="4th of July in Wichita with my cousins Ashley & Nicole!"][/caption]

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="My 6th birthday party at 'Discovery Zone'"][/caption]

Despite not having a 3 month vacation like I have in the past, I am SO excited to go to Indiana in 3 weeks for Jenna's wedding!!  After the wedding my mom is going to meet me and we're going to explore Chicago together...I've never been to Chi-town but have heard nothing but amazing things so it should be a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment