I apologize in advance for the negativity, but I just have to rant for a minute.
I consider myself a fairly clean person. Am I the cleanest person that ever lived? No. When I go to the gym, I sweat. A lot. And I probably smell. But it's the gym, and sweating is what you are supposed to do. And as soon as I get home, I immediately shower. I wear clean clothes to work every day and I always apply deodorant and a splash of perfume before walking out the door. I then re-apply deodorant in the afternoon before I work out.
Now, I realize that some people do not wash their hair every day. In fact, it is recommended that you NOT wash your hair every day, as our scalp's natural oils keep hair healthy and shiny. I also realize that some people can get away with going days between washes - different types and textures of hair require different washing regimens.
HOWEVER, if you are not one of these people who can go multiple days between washes, then your hair is going to start to smell. Really bad. It has come to my attention that a certain person I regularly come into contact with only washes their hair 2 times per week, despite exercising/sweating. And let me tell you, their hair smells. Really bad.
I just can't imagine that you wouldn't notice when you smell, because I certainly notice that you stink. And let me tell you, there is nothing quite like the scent of dirty, sweaty unwashed hair.
Am I crazy for thinking it's gross to only wash your hair twice a week, despite working out/sweating?!? If you insist on washing it that infrequently, then at the VERY least, apply a product that smells nice so we aren't bombarded to the point of wanting to gag each time we're in the same room.
I consider myself a fairly clean person. Am I the cleanest person that ever lived? No. When I go to the gym, I sweat. A lot. And I probably smell. But it's the gym, and sweating is what you are supposed to do. And as soon as I get home, I immediately shower. I wear clean clothes to work every day and I always apply deodorant and a splash of perfume before walking out the door. I then re-apply deodorant in the afternoon before I work out.
Now, I realize that some people do not wash their hair every day. In fact, it is recommended that you NOT wash your hair every day, as our scalp's natural oils keep hair healthy and shiny. I also realize that some people can get away with going days between washes - different types and textures of hair require different washing regimens.
HOWEVER, if you are not one of these people who can go multiple days between washes, then your hair is going to start to smell. Really bad. It has come to my attention that a certain person I regularly come into contact with only washes their hair 2 times per week, despite exercising/sweating. And let me tell you, their hair smells. Really bad.
I just can't imagine that you wouldn't notice when you smell, because I certainly notice that you stink. And let me tell you, there is nothing quite like the scent of dirty, sweaty unwashed hair.
Am I crazy for thinking it's gross to only wash your hair twice a week, despite working out/sweating?!? If you insist on washing it that infrequently, then at the VERY least, apply a product that smells nice so we aren't bombarded to the point of wanting to gag each time we're in the same room.

No comments:
Post a Comment