My favorite winter sport used to be figure skating but for some reason I haven't been as interested in it this time around. Rather, I have enjoyed watching the Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding competitions. If you haven't already seen it, I suggest you watch Lindsey Vonn's gold medal performance in the Women's Downhill and Shaun White's incredible performance in the Men's Halfpipe (he also won gold for USA!) After watching the Women's Downhill I have a whole new appreciation for how FAST these women are skiing and just how strong they are. Even more impressive is that Vonn was able to out-ski her competitors despite the painful shin injury that she sustained a couple weeks ago.
I also suggest you check out Shaun White's newly patented trick - the Double McTwist 1260 - in the video below. It is incredible!
There is something so inspiring about watching the world's best athletes compete, and watching all of their dedication and hard work pay off.
So far Team USA is in the medal lead with 14 total - 5 gold, 3 silver and 6 bronze. GO USA!!
For up to date results, picture slideshows and videos, check out the NBC Olympic Homepage
Image Credit 1 2


No comments:
Post a Comment