Thursday, January 21, 2010

Trip to Denver!

This past weekend I had the opportunity(along with Carrin, Melissa & Valerie) to visit Whitney in Denver!  It was a much-needed vacation and the perfect way to spend the 3-day weekend.
Some highlights of the trip:
Day trip to Boulder What a cute town!  We spent the afternoon exploring downtown Boulder and I loved it.  Beautiful store fronts and unique little shops nestled right beneath the Rocky Mountains.  In high school I applied to attend college there but ultimately decided it was too far away. Now that I have seen the town I wish I had given it more thought!  (picture above: lunch at the Boulder Cafe)
Downtown Denver
I loved the 16th Street Mall in Downtown Denver!  The street is closed to cars making this a very pedestrian friendly area.  A plethora of restaurants and shopping right at your fingertips.  The picture to the left is Larimer Square, a trendy row of boutiques and restaurants.
The first ever Chipotle restaurant Before arriving in Denver I had no idea that Chipotle was founded there!  Now that I no longer live right down the street from this yummy restaurant I find myself craving more often than I probably should. It was a real treat to visit the original Chipotle! I even found this Facebook group for those lucky enough to have experienced it.
Coors Brewery Tour--Of course we had to take advantage of the fact that the Coors Factory was 30 miles away in Golden, CO.  This factory is the the largest single brewery facility in the world! Although I thought the self-guided tour was long and difficult to follow (I personally preferred the Budweiser factory tour where an employee led the tour), we had a great time!  I was especially impressed by how how many free samples they gave out.   Golden was also really neat-- a quintessential little Western town :)

I had a wonderful time and already miss my friends SO much!  In college I definitely took for granted having all my friends living within 2 miles of me, if not under the same roof (or in Lana's case, under my bunk-bed ;) )  I can't wait until the next time we can all be reunited again--hopefully soon!

4 comments: