Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Busy Busy Busy!

These past few weeks have been crazy! I love being busy and having a lot going on, but I must say that I am excited for a weekend in the Bay to hang out, relax and get things done without feeling rushed.

Two weekends ago my family and I drove up to Paradise CA to celebrate my Great Aunt Catherine's 90th birthday. Aunts, Uncles and cousins from all over the country flew in for the party and it was great to see them! I absolutely love spending time with my family and I am so glad that I got to see my Great Aunt Catherine. She is the kindest, most generous person I have ever known and is such an inspiration.  I am so lucky to call her family.  As usual, I had so much fun playing with my cousin Maxine...that little girl makes me so happy! 



This past weekend I traveled down to Ventura for a goodbye party for my good friend and former roommate Jennie! It was a quick trip but I am so glad I got to see her one more time before she embarks on her Teach for America adventure in New Orleans!! I am so excited for her and cannot wait to visit her!! The only thing missing about the weekend was warm weather - I was hoping for a tan but all I got were goosebumps! All in all, it was a great trip and I loved seeing my friends :)

Speaking of warm weather, what is up with this RAIN?!??! I can't even remember the last time it rained this hard or this much at the end of May! I know that it is so great for the earth (blah blah blah) but this girl is ready for some SUNSHINE!  My mood is so affected by the weather and all these rainy days are making it hard to get excited about summertime, which is undoubtedly my favorite season of the year.

I am hoping it clears up in time to enjoy the 3-day weekend outdoors! I can't wait to celebrate my friend Caitlin's college graduation on Friday, and for my first Giants game of the season on Saturday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment